How To Make Your Legs Look Great - Instant Fixes!
In my job as a professional makeup artist I'm also responsible for making the body skin of my clients look amazing, particularly legs. Here are all my failsafe products and techniques for doing this.
As an alternative to Prtty Peaushun I mention that you could mix a good firming moisturiser such as Nivea's Q10 Plus Firming Body Lotion with your usual facial highlighter to give your legs a beautifying sheen.
Summer in The City - Heat proof Makeup Tutorial
This video is packed with tips and advice for finding and applying long lasting formulas so your make-up really stays put in hot, humid weather.
The nail colour I am wearing in this video is Butter London's Polish in Slapper.
Shades used (plus similar, lower priced alternatives where avaliable)
Estée Lauder - Double Wear Light Foundation Shade 2
In the video I used Lancôme - Effacernes Longue Tenue Concealer - Beige Sable 02 or, another great concealer is Estée Lauder - Double Wear Stay in Place Concealer and as I mentioned two cheaper alternatives are Revlon's - ColourStay Concealer and Collection 2000 - Lasting Perfection Concealer.
Maybelline - Super Stay 14hr Lipstick – Stay With Me Coral 430
Soap and Glory - Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Stick 3D Super Colour Volume Lip Shine - Fuchsia Ristic
In the video I used Maybelline - New York Color Tattoo 24hr Gel-Cream Eyeshadow - Permanent Taupe 40 but if you have blue eyes, go for a gold shade such as Maybelline - New York Color Tattoo 24hr Gel-Cream Eyeshadow – Eternal Gold 05
Mirenesse - Inside Out 27hr Kohl Metals - Seshat 4
Beautiful Special Occasion Make-up - Wedding/Prom Etc
This video is based on one of the looks I did on Jessica Biel at Cannes. When I posted the look on my blog, lots of people commented saying they would like to recreate it for a wedding or special occasion. It's a clasically beautiful look that never goes out of fashion and works on everyone. Just tweak the shades to suit!
For my tutorial on how to apply individual fake lashes click here.
The nail polish I'm wearing is Essie in Ballet Slippers.
The Lipstick I am wearing is Clinique Chubby Stick Intense Heftiest Hibiscus 04
Shades used (plus similar, lower priced alternatives)
Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector – Pearl
Make Up For Ever - HD Foundation - 115
Laura Mercier - Secret Camouflage - SC2
Chanel - Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder – Clair 20
Tom Ford - Lip Colour - Nude Vanille 12
Seven Summer Reds
1. Lipstick Queen Medieval - For anyone who is scared off at the thought of red lips, this product is perfect. Firstly it's a joy to use as the stick itself is pure vitamin E and extremely moisturising and comfortable to wear. Secondly it gives your lips a natural 'just been eating berries' stain that suits everyone. The end result are very healthy looking, not too shiny lips that look sexy and feel gorgeously soft. This product is particularly useful to very fair girls who just don't feel comfortable in bold, dense reds.
2. Max Factor - Colour Elixir Lipfinity Lip Tint Pen in Designer Blossom 30 - This sheer bright red lip pencil is easy to apply and makes lips look super shiny, happy 'popsicle' bright without too much pigment. The colour has pinky, corally undertones (although I found it looks different on everyone depending on skintone) and is buildable whilst remaining transparent and wearable.
3. Shu Uemera - RD160 - I'm crazy for the colour and texture of this creamy lipstick. It's almost like a muted neon red with bright warm undertones. The texture is so soft and creamy that it feels like a dream on the lips. It looks quite matte in the stick but goes on with a beautifully creamy sheen. Not a classic red by any means, it makes a great modern statement.
4. Clinque - Chubby Stick Intense in Mightiest Maraschino - Ohh La La this yummy lipstick is gorgeous! A real pop of uber glam and summery cherry red. The fuchsia pink blue undertones look amazing on all skin tones. Not for shrinking wall flowers, this shade will really get you noticed! It has excellent colour payoff delivering rich colour with real depth and satin luminosity that lasts.
5. Revlon Colourstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick in Finale 095 - A bold, classic red with neutral undertones this lipstick feels impossibly light on the lips, you will forget you are even wearing it. Half way between a full pigment cream lipstick and a stain, there is enough colour to make a statement without feeling too much. The finish is a soft velvety sheen and the staying power is off the chart. I applied this to the back of my hand when I first tried it and after several hand washes and a shower the colour still remained - the following day I went for a massage and the therapist asked me if I had injured my hand. Suffice to say, you will need an oil based cleanser to remove it! As with most very long lasting products, this can make dry lips feel drier so apply a little balm over the top for extra moisture if necessary.
6. Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in Live It Up - If you’re a fan of mineral make-up and are feeling brave, you will LOVE this lipstick. Beautifully creamy with a huge pigment payoff this classic, saturated hot tomato red pops on all skintones and is a great option for a show-stopping evening pout. The colour really clings to the lips as you apply and it has a nice nurturing, cooling feel due to the various oils and active skincare ingredients. Lovely rich, satin finish.
7. Nars Satin Lip Pencil in Majella – ever since I worked on the advertising film for this product I’ve had this shade in my kit. Pure ‘Studio 54’ 70’s disco glam… I always think of Bianca Jagger when I apply! It's a fabulous glamorous summer evening red for olive and dark skin (also looks good, although more dramatic and deep, on fair skins). The pencil itself is quite a bit skinnier than other pencils on the market which means you can use it if you need to manipulate the shape of your natural lip line as you add colour if needed. Creamy, densely pigmented with good staying power and shiny satin finish.
Cara Delevingnes Make-up
I did Cara Delevingnes make-up for the DKNY Artworks party she hosted last week. As Cara was wearing a skintight uber cool DKNY monochrome jumpsuit, heel wedges and ear cuff the look we went for was a tough, lived in, winged smokey eye. The make-up needed to sit well with her whole look so I kept skin and lips very natural looking, young and fresh.
As the eyes were the star of the show.....I used Make Up For Ever's HD Foundation in (140), lightly, buffing it into the skin in thin layers. For concealer under the eyes and wherever needed, I used Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage in SC3. Then added a touch of Chanel powder to finish.
I started by applying Maybelline’s Colour Tattoo Eyesahdow in Immortal Charcoal all over the lid, up into the socket line and winging out at the outer edge. I then buffed and blended Laura Mercier’s Satin Matte in Dark Spirit to soften the edges and define the shape. To add extra sultry definition, I applied Laura Mercier's Eye Pencil in Black Extreme to the waterline and outer corner, smudging and blending all along the lower lash line. To finish I layered lots of Lancome's Hypnose Drama Waterproof Mascara on Cara’s long lashes to define.
I paired this look with a natural lip, patting a touch of Tom Ford's Lipstick in Blush Nude all over lips.
You Make Me Blush!
Cream blush connoisseurs prepare to faint.....Chanel are finally launching their very own. Over the past few months these babies have been living in my pro kit and have seen a lot of action. Perfect for creating a natural pretty flush, I've been using them on models for shoots, celebrity clients and myself. In fact, these bits of make-up candy have proved so popular that after gifting them out to clients who simply HAD to have one, my stocks are running dangerously low! Deliciously creamy and light, the texture blends easily, almost evaporating on contact with the skin, so application is foolproof. Although creamy to touch, the finish is non greasy and velvety dry so works well on all skin types. There are six yummy, long lasting shades ranging from palest beigey pink (beautiful on super fair skin) through to a rich pink berry (fabulous on olive and dark skin).
Here are the shades:
Top – ‘Presage’ (82) – Warm Apricot
Top Right – ‘Affinite’ (65) – Hot bright Pink
Centre – ‘Fantastic’ (66) – Vibrant Pink Berry
Under Centre – ‘Inspiration’ (64) – Light Cool Beige Pink
Bottom Left – ‘Destiny’ (61) – Golden Tawny Bronze Beige
Top Left – ‘Revelation’ (83) – Classic Warm Rose
They launch worldwide on the 16th of August and are priced at £27 (in the UK)
My favourite? Difficult..... maybe Affinite, I'm a sucker for a bright pink and I've used this shade on so many different faces and it always looks divine.
Dear Lisa - A Wedding Story
I feel very privileged to receive many lovely photos and messages from fans of my make-up tutorials. Women of all ages from teens to 65+ with great stories of their make-up successes after watching my videos. Triumhant prom, first date, graduation and birthday party makeups along with engagment, wedding and simple, everyday winning looks. Women discovering and enjoying make-up! Often moving me to tears, the messages always make me feel proud and genuinely happy.
I received such a story a couple of weeks ago which had me in floods of (happy) tears so much so wanted to share it with you. So after getting permission from the sender, here is it is. A lovely story of how make-up helps to bond us gals together and can even save the day!