Alexa Chung Makeup Tutorial - Starring Alexa Chung!
Pretty 'Flower Child' Makeup - Festival / Costume Party Look
Alexa Chung - Glamour Awards - Red Carpet
Last night I attended the Glamour Women of The Year Awards and had the pleasure of making up the effortlessly gorgeous Alexa Chung first. Alexa had chosen to wear a beautifully chic Dior dress with sheer floral panel - totally swoony. For her make-up we decided not to stray too far from her signature look and I created a 60’s inspired soft smokey eye with vibrant pinky peach lip. As Alexa has a tan at the moment, I really worked that into the look, imagine young Jane Birkin strolling around the streets of St Tropez. Glowy, natural skin, softly smokey eye, lots of lashes and, for a change, NO eyeliner!
Here’s how I created the look…
Lisa Loves - Summer Orange
Orange is such a great lip colour. From sheer apricot to hot tomato, it's fresher and more summer-y than red and works on every skintone - it looks incredible contrasting vibrantly against fair and dark skins and brings out the golden undertones of olive skin.
I got so much great feedback from my Keira Knightley Orange Lip Red Carpet look that I thought I'd share a few more of my favourite orange shades for all skintones. Of course you don’t have to stick to the ‘rules’, they’re just guidelines from which you can find the colour that’s absolutely right for you and for your personality. It’s time to embrace this zingy colour!
Light Pink-Based Oranges
These shades look great on pale skin and also work on darker skin if you’re after a pastel effect.
1. One of my current favourites is Lancôme Rouge In Love in Miss Coquelicot - a really pretty pinky orange (that will suit so many people) with a glossy finish.
2. Armani Rouge Ecstasy in 300 Pop is a similar soft coral that looks great on a lot of complexions – it’s been dubbed a ‘CC’ (Care and Colour) lipstick, but really it’s just got the the added bonus of a few skincare benefits to keep lips soft and hydrated.
3. L’Oréal Glam Shine Balmy Gloss in Bite the Maracuja - discontinued, try Bourjois Colour Boost Lip Crayon in Peach on the Beach - a super-pretty, peachy pink shade that's really easy to apply and has a lovely sheeny finish.
4. If bright orange is a bit out of your comfort zone, Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick in Designer is almost more pink than orange, so it's perfect for testing the water.
Yellow-Based and True Oranges
These colours look amazing on olive skintones and yellow-based skin. Avoid them if you’re worried about your teeth (they can make stained teeth appear more yellow) or if you're very fair with predominantly pink undertones.
5. For a pretty, soft peach try Revlon Colourburst Matte Balm in Mischievous - it’s highly pigmented and is housed in a balm-like formula to keep lips moisturised.
6. While Revlon Colourburst Lacquer Balm in Tease leaves an apricot stain with a glossy finish.
7. If you prefer a softer look, I love Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids Lipstick in Electric Orange - it looks super-bold in the bullet (a real yellow-based true orange) but the sheeny finish makes it easy to achieve a subtler effect.
8. Clarins Joli Rouge lipstick in Orange Fizz is another great yellow-based orange with a buildable texture.
Menopause Makeup Tips & Chat! Natural Day Look
Whilst chatting with a friend who’s been having menopausal make-up issues - we realised there isn’t a lot of discussion or advice around this subject. This film hopefully breaks that taboo with some useful tips, warm friendly advice and a good sprinkling of humour (always good in these situations!) Great for anyone experiencing it themselves or for mums, family members or friends going through it. Huge thanks to my dear friend Debora Weston for being so brave, funny and generally amazing! Thanks for taking part and sharing your wisdom and humour X
Smokey Greys - Prom / Special Occasion Makeup
With special thanks to the wonderful Ellie, 19 years old and fighting breast cancer. Show her some love in the comments below X
The lipstick I am wearing in the intro, is Lancôme's Rouge in Love - Miss Coquelicot
#FlawlessFriday! - Bronzers To Get You Glowing
It's #flawless friday! Is the sun shinning where you are? If you need to 'fake it till you make it' here's four good bronzers to get you glowing.
In clockwise from the top right, Rimmel's Natural Bronzer in Sun Glow 025, Clinique's True Bronze Pressed Powder Bronzer in Sunkissed 02, Aerin's Pretty Bronze Illuminating Powder 01 and Too Faced's Milk Chocolate Soleil in Light/Medium Matte Bronzer (links below).
For tips on finding the right shade of bronzer for you, watch my film here...