Avocado, honey, banana, eggs, green tea and lemon. No, this isn’t what’s on the lunch menu today at Lisa Eldridge HQ! These are just a few of the many tried and trusted ingredients from a...
I recently worked on this extraordinary and adventurous shoot with Tim Walker for the latest issue of Love Magazine. When Tim first told me there would be a full grown lion on the shoot I was a little...
This tutorial is based on the looks I've done on Clemence Poesy as they have been requested a lot. My colouring is totally different to hers obviously but these are the sorts of tones I've used on her...
Make-up Tips From Behind The Scenes (plus 'Add One Thing')
This short film contains footage of a beauty shoot I did featuring models from 3 different age groups. The pictures were to illustrate a feature on beauty products for different age ranges. The girls had to look absolutely fresh and glowing.. almost like they had just had a facial and the make-up needed to reflect this.
In addition to this, we had to shoot a party picture but only had five minutes to change the make-up. As my philosophy on day to night make-up has always been 'Add One Thing' I felt a bright pink lip was definitely the way to go. With lighter nights and warm evenings there are a lot more opportunities to go out after work in the summer. When you are changing your make-up from day to evening at work and time is limited, I suggest following my 5 top tips tips for a 5 minute spruce up:
- Take cotton buds and some make-up remover to work.
- Use them to clean up the area underneath your eyes as this the area of your make-up which tends to get the most wear throughout the day and the first place your face will show signs of fatigue.
- Re-do under-eye concealer and touch up any areas of your face that need it (re-conceal any spots or blemishes that are showing)
- Choose one thing to turn you make-up from day to night! This could be a great lip colour, a striking eyeliner, a quick smoky eye or a stronger brow etc. By choosing to only add one thing you will have the time to do it properly - a perfectly applied eyeliner is more effective than tons of extra make-up slapped on all over without thought.
- Add your one thing and do it well. For example if you are adding a red lip, apply it beautifully with a lip brush.
Go out and have fun!