Although its very difficult to get all the exact details as her make-up artist never betrayed her secrets, it's fun to talk about the different tricks and details of Marilyn's look. In this video Mari...
Avocado, honey, banana, eggs, green tea and lemon. No, this isn’t what’s on the lunch menu today at Lisa Eldridge HQ! These are just a few of the many tried and trusted ingredients from a...
To see my Pinterest board of the make-up look I created and inspiration from the show click here: http://bit.ly/19ha6Ro
Make-up Tips From Behind The Scenes (plus 'Add One Thing')
This short film contains footage of a beauty shoot I did featuring models from 3 different age groups. The pictures were to illustrate a feature on beauty products for different age ranges. The girls had to look absolutely fresh and glowing.. almost like they had just had a facial and the make-up needed to reflect this.
In addition to this, we had to shoot a party picture but only had five minutes to change the make-up. As my philosophy on day to night make-up has always been 'Add One Thing' I felt a bright pink lip was definitely the way to go. With lighter nights and warm evenings there are a lot more opportunities to go out after work in the summer. When you are changing your make-up from day to evening at work and time is limited, I suggest following my 5 top tips tips for a 5 minute spruce up:
- Take cotton buds and some make-up remover to work.
- Use them to clean up the area underneath your eyes as this the area of your make-up which tends to get the most wear throughout the day and the first place your face will show signs of fatigue.
- Re-do under-eye concealer and touch up any areas of your face that need it (re-conceal any spots or blemishes that are showing)
- Choose one thing to turn you make-up from day to night! This could be a great lip colour, a striking eyeliner, a quick smoky eye or a stronger brow etc. By choosing to only add one thing you will have the time to do it properly - a perfectly applied eyeliner is more effective than tons of extra make-up slapped on all over without thought.
- Add your one thing and do it well. For example if you are adding a red lip, apply it beautifully with a lip brush.
Go out and have fun!